Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Revival!

It has been some time since my last blog post. I found my old post rather childish and decided that this blog be used for good. I always thought Facebook would be sufficient but I realised that this would probably be a better platform for sharing opinions as well as personal struggles:)

I realised that the past few weeks have been rather uneventful and in its own way, it was great that it turned out that way. However, I felt God's silence or rather, felt that I wasn't listening closely. It was during my walk out to Rail Mall for lunch today which felt more like God's way of whispering to me. I never really feel God shouting at me because I mean, He honestly doesn't need to. He speaks to us in so many different ways and yet, we miss out on what there is for us to listen to.

At the same time, I just got the Book 'Discernment: Reading the Signs of Daily Life' by Henri Nouwen as part of our Bible Study Book topic. I am half way through the first chapter and I feel that some of the things which were mentioned in the book seemed rather obvious; for instance, I know that having some solitude is vital in our walk with God. But I think a lot of the things they write in the book are rather skin deep. A lot of things talk about what we should do instead of how we should do it. I guess I have my doubts because I probably started reading the book but I guess I am discovering more things and learning to apply more of what I already know, into my daily spiritual life. I guess this book serves as a reminder and acts to scream at me the things which I should take notice of, but already know.

Let me leave you with this song which I will be leading for Worship in 2 weeks time. Simply love this song!





'Tis so sweet to Trust in Jesus
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

No comments:

Post a Comment